Welcome to Week 27 of the 52 weeks to a better you journey.
I’m curious. What baby steps have you been able to keep up with this whole time? Have you seen any improvements in yourself? Keep at it!
Stretch for 5 minutes a day
Our bodies are absolutely fascinating machines when you think about it. Each part works in conjunction with the others to accomplish all kinds of amazing feats.
Stretching is important for several reasons. It can prevent injury. It can help us to become better fit. It improves our body’s performance. It can help relieve and manage stress. It can increase our energy levels.
Our bodies naturally want to stretch. If you have ever woke up with the need to put your hands way over your head or roll your feet, you’ve experienced your body telling you how important that is.
This week we are going to take some time every day to stretch.
Baby step for this week: Stretch for 5 minutes every day. Certainly you can stretch more often, but get in at least five minutes.
Here are a few tips for stretching properly:
- Do not stretch to a point where you feel a lot of pain. This can be straining to the muscles.
- Warm muscles stretch better than cold ones so moving your body for a few minutes beforehand (i.e., walking while pumping your arms) will help.
- Do not bounce when you stretch – be slow and steady.
- Breathe. Make sure you concentrate on your breathing.
- Focus. Focus your attention on each muscle that you are stretching.
What about you?
Do you make stretching a priority during the day?
How do you incorporate stretching into your daily routine?
Share your journey with us!